I felt like doing another tag, but instead of a book tag, I’ll do the ‘Get To Know Me’ tag to more properly introduce myself. Because, why not?
Five random facts about me:
- I’m a vegetarian. It’s not really a moral or a health choice, more of an “I don’t like meat so I’m not going to eat it anymore” choice.
- I don’t like television. I don’t mind competition shows like Chopped and Project Runway, but if you put on anything else I get up and leave the room. I don’t even watch Doctor Who anymore. It’s kind of sad.
- I’m gay. GAY. Gaaaaaaaayyyyyyyy. (That is a book reference, but it is also true.)
- I write fan fiction. My anime addiction only fuels this problem.
- I like to draw. My friend started me on it when I was 13, and even though I don’t take it seriously, I really enjoy it. My math notebook is full of more doodles than numbers at the moment.
When is your birthday?
My birthday is February 16th. That would make me an Aquarius. 🙂
What is your favourite colour?
I guess I’ll just go with black. Yeah. Black is nice.
What is your favourite memory?
This is hard. Well, I guess I would go with something that happened this year. Some other kids and I had to go out and sell ads for our high school yearbook, and it was an all-day event. We traveled all over town, laughed and made jokes, then later we ate at this really awesome Chinese place. Then, when we were done we had nothing better to do, so we went to the park and swam in the river. I’m kind of shy, so I don’t go out and do those sort of things. It had been a while since I’d felt included in a group like that. It was nice.
Describe a day in your life.
I wake up at the buttcrack of dawn (6:00 am, that is). I eat a light breakfast, then scramble to get dressed and get to school. I drag through classes. Then I spend the afternoon working in the library. I head home, have lunch, and because I usually can’t find any time to squeeze it in during the day, I crack open my book with a cup of tea, shut the door, and ignore everyone until 7:00, when I work out. Then shower. Then I read some more until I pass out, unconscious, in bed, usually with the light on.
Name 5 of your favourite songs.
Oh, if I must.
- Welcome to the Black Parade, by My Chemical Romance
- Chocolate, by the 1975
- Fond Farewell, by Elliott Smith
- Holding On To You, by Twenty-One Pilots
- Polly, by Nirvana
If you could eat only one thing for the rest of your life, what would it be?
Probably pasta. There is something irresistible about pasta, I’m telling you.
If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you live and why?
Dude – Australia. Without a doubt. For one, my favorite author lives there. Two, it’s just such a beautiful place. I mean, look at this:
I live in Michigan. You do not see that kind of view in Michigan.
Name 5 of your favourite films.
- The Perks of Being a Wallflower
- The Breakfast Club
- Edward Scissorhands
- Dead Poet Society
- Rocky Horror Picture Show
If you won the lottery, what would you buy?
I would give a chunk of it to my parents, then buy an old Victorian mansion on top of a hill, hire a proper English butler, and then I would spend the rest of my life there, reading books and not going out for anything.
Sounds nice, doesn’t it?
Favourite day of the week.
What three things would you take to a desert island?
I’m pretty sure you mean deserted. I would bring a chair, Anna Karenina, and the cast of Extreme Makeover: Home Edition so they could build me a house.
Sweet or savoury?
Sweet. I have a giant sweet tooth.
Early bird or night owl?
Honestly, it depends. I’m usually an early bird, because I’m so used to the rigorous school schedule that it becomes impossible for me to sleep in. During the summer and breaks, though, I can stay up until 4:00 a.m. without crashing.
Name 5 of your favourite books.
- To Kill a Mockingbird, by Harper Lee
- The Ruins of Gorlan, by John Flanagan
- The Perks of Being a Wallflower, by Stephen Chbosky
- Peter Pan, by J.M. Barrie
- Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone, by J.K. Rowling
Herbal tea! I’m a huge tea junkie. My favorite is between Peppermint and Cinnamon Apple Spice. I also love Sleepytime Vanilla. 💕
I wish I had something more interesting to say, but DOGS. I love dogs so much. One look in their big eyes, and I’m a goner. And you know, I’m really starting to like ravens…for some reason 😉